Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Crab season begins this summer...

Baby P (or Bean, or Monkey, or Peanut as we have been known to call "it" since we aren't finding out if "it" is a boy or a girl) is due to make its grand entrance sometime in mid July, making it a Cancer baby a.k.a. a Crab. While I'm a Capricorn and big P is a Gemini, I love Cancerians (is that even a word?). My sister, good friend in Australia, former boss/now friend, and a few other folks near and dear to my heart were all born under the sign of the Crab. They're just all around cool people. And I'm pleased as punch that the newest/upcoming member of our family will most likely join that esteemed crowd of all around cool people. Because as we all know, Monkey will be cool simply by association.

So, riding a bit on faith that baby P will not come more than three weeks early or 10 days late, I bought a little outfit to showcase my sense of pride at the upcoming arrival of Crab season. And I don't care if Monkey is a girl and the outfit is blue. We've already established that the baby is cool, and cool people can do just about whatever they want and be even cooler. Besides, haven't you heard? Blue is the new pink.

No comments: