Friday, June 6, 2008

My Poor Car... (aka The KaWANGo Update)

So I finally dropped my car off at the body shop today so that I don't have to be embarrassed by the hoopty my car became after last week's accident. My once beautiful car now looks like a junk yard dog. Here is what I learned:

- The back end is so badly damaged, the trunk won't even open
- Because the trunk won't open, they can't tell the full extent of the damage
- It appears that the frame is bent, but they can't tell how badly because the back end is so twisted and they have to take the car apart to figure it out
- The current estimate based on what they DO know is $6,500
- This estimate is likely to increase (how significantly is to be determined) once they can get the - now hoopty, once beautiful - car dismantled.

Thank goodness for insurance, and deductibles of $500. With le bebe's impending arrival, this is really the last thing I need.

No comments: